Wimbank Announced «Best in Mobile Banking» in Europe
Piraeus Bank’s mobile banking service (Wimbank) was announced as «Best in Mobile Banking» in Europe.
Additionally, Piraeus Bank’s web banking service was acknowledged as the «Best Consumer Internet Bank» in Greece for yet another year; the same title was earned by Piraeus Bank Cyprus Ltd. for its web banking service in Cyprus.
It is noted that this is an award shared by both Banks (Piraeus Bank Greece and Piraeus Bank Cyprus) for the Group’s «winbank international» platform, which integrates all the e-banking services of all countries, where Piraeus Bank Group operates. Moreover, it is the third distinction for the «winbank international» platform, with the first being the international «Windows in Financial Services Developer Award 2008» granted by Microsoft Corp in 2008.
The evaluation of the participants came from a world-class panel of judges, with great experience in the global financial arena. According to the magazine, the award criteria were:
• strength of strategy for attracting and servicing online customers,
• success in getting clients to use web offerings,
• growth of online customers,
• breadth of product offerings,
• evidence of tangible benefits gained from Internet initiatives,
• web site design and functionality.